SOPTTING ERRORS ENGLISH

✅ Spotting Errors with Explanation

Q1. He don’t like coffee.

Ans: B (don’t)
👉 Explanation: “He” is singular, so use doesn’t, not “don’t”.

Q2. She go to school every day.

Ans: B (go)
👉 Use goes with “she” (3rd person singular).

Q3. They has completed their work.

Ans: B (has)
👉 “They” is plural → use have, not “has”.

Q4. I am knowing the answer.

Ans: B (am knowing)
👉 “Know” is a stative verb, so use I know, not continuous form.

Q5. Each of the boys have a book.

Ans: C (have)
👉 “Each” is singular → use has.

Q6. She is senior than me.

Ans: C (senior than)
👉 Use senior to, not “than”.

Q7. He is good in English.

Ans: C (good in)
👉 Correct preposition: good at English.

Q8. I prefer tea than coffee.

Ans: C (than)
👉 Use prefer tea to coffee.

Q9. One of my friend is here.

Ans: C (friend)
👉 Use plural: friends.

Q10. She did not wrote the letter.

Ans: C (wrote)
👉 After “did”, use base form: write.

Q11. He has ate his food.

Ans: C (ate)
👉 Use past participle: eaten.

Q12. I am agree with you.

Ans: B (am agree)
👉 Say I agree, not “am agree”.

Q13. She has many informations.

Ans: D (informations)
👉 “Information” is uncountable → no plural.

Q14. He is one of the best player.

Ans: D (player)
👉 Use plural: players.

Q15. Neither of the answers are correct.

Ans: C (are)
👉 “Neither” is singular → use is.

Q16. She is married with a doctor.

Ans: C (married with)
👉 Correct: married to.

Q17. He discussed about the issue.

Ans: C (about)
👉 “Discuss” does not need “about”.

Q18. I am living here since 5 years.

Ans: D (since)
👉 Use for 5 years, not “since”.

Q19. She is more taller than me.

Ans: B (more taller)
👉 Use taller, not double comparison.

Q20. He returned back home.

Ans: C (back)
👉 “Returned” already means “back”.

Q21. I did not knew this.

Ans: C (knew)
👉 Use base form: know.

Q22. She sings very good.

Ans: D (good)
👉 Use adverb: well.

Q23. He/ is suffering /with /fever.

Ans: C (with)
👉 Correct: suffering from.

Q24. I have less friends here.

Ans: C (less)
👉 Use fewer for countable nouns.

Q25. She is absent in the class.

Ans: C (in)
👉 Correct: absent from.

Q26. He told to me a story.

Ans: C (to me)
👉 Say told me, not “told to me”.

Q27. I look forward to meet you.

Ans: C (to meet)
👉 “Look forward to” → use meeting.

Q28. She has a big furniture.

Ans: C (big)
👉 “Furniture” is uncountable → no “a”.

Q29. He is fond for music.

Ans: C (for)
👉 Use fond of.

Q30. I have seen him yesterday.

Ans: B (have seen)
👉 Use past tense: saw.

Q31. She did not went there.

Ans: C (went)
👉 Use base form: go.

Q32. He is very much happy.

Ans: B (very much)
👉 Use very happy.

Q33. I am having two brothers.

Ans: B (am having)
👉 Use I have, not “am having”.

Q34. The sceneries here are beautiful.

Ans: B (sceneries)
👉 “Scenery” is uncountable.


Q35. He gave me many advices.

Ans: D (advices)
👉 “Advice” is uncountable.

Q36. She is going to home.

Ans: C (to)
👉 Say going home, no “to”.

Q37. I am understanding the lesson.

Ans: B (am understanding)
👉 Use I understand.

Q38. He is elder than me.

Ans: C (elder than)
👉 Use elder to (formal) or “older than”.

Q39. She has no any money.

Ans: C (no any)
👉 Use no money or not any money.

Q40. He is working here from 2010.

Ans: D (from)
👉 Use since 2010.

Q41. I prefer coffee over tea.

Ans: No error
👉 Correct sentence.

Q42. She is good at singing.

Ans: No error
👉 Correct usage.

Q43. He knows to swim.

Ans: C (to swim)
👉 Correct: knows how to swim / can swim.

Q44. I have done my work just now.

Ans: No error
👉 Correct (present perfect with “just”).

Q45. She has been living here since 2010.

Ans: No error
👉 Correct tense usage.

Q46. He is capable to do this.

Ans: C (to do)
👉 Use capable of doing.

Q47. I am used to wake up early.

Ans: C (to wake)
👉 Use used to waking.

Q48. She is interested for music.

Ans: C (for)
👉 Use interested in.

Q49. He denied to help me.

Ans: C (to help)
👉 Use denied helping.

Q50. I suggested him to go.

Ans: C (him)
👉 Correct: suggested that he should go 

pattern 
Subject/auxi+verb/In.obj /Di.obj.

Comments