Choose the Grammatically Correct Sentence"

Choose the Grammatically Correct Sentence"

Each question has **four options (A, B, C, D)**. Only **one** sentence is grammatically correct. Choose the correct option.30 MCQs 
1. **
A) He don't like coffee.  
B) He doesn't likes coffee.  
C)He doesn't like coffee.  
D)He do not like coffee.
2. **
A) She is more taller than her sister.  
   B) She is taller than her sister.  
   C) She is tallest than her sister.  
   D) She is most tall than her sister.
3. **
A)They has finished their homework.  
   B)** They have finished their homework.  
   C)** They is finished their homework.  
   D)** They have finish their homework.
4. **
A The news are very shocking.  
   B)** The news is very shocking.  
   C)** The news were very shocking.  
   D)** The news have very shocking.
5. **
A) I have seen him yesterday.  
   B)** I saw him yesterday.  
   C)** I had seen him yesterday.  
   D)** I see him yesterday.
6. **
A) Neither Ram nor Shyam are coming.  
   B)** Neither Ram nor Shyam is coming.  
   C)** Neither Ram nor Shyam were coming.  
   D)** Neither Ram nor Shyam have coming.
7. **
A) She is knowing the answer.  
   B)** She knows the answer.  
   C)** She know the answer.  
   D)** She is know the answer.
8. **
A) He has went to the market.  
   B)** He has gone to the market.  
   C)** He have gone to the market.  
   D)** He had went to the market.
9. **
A) One of the boys are absent today.  
   B)** One of the boys is absent today.  
   C)** One of the boys were absent today.  
   D)** One of the boys have absent today.
10. **
A) The teacher gave us a lot of homeworks.  
B)** The teacher gave us a lot of homework.  
C)** The teacher gave us many homeworks.  
D)** The teacher gave us much homeworks.
11. **
A) If I was you, I would accept the offer.  
B)** If I were you, I would accept the offer.  
C)** If I am you, I would accept the offer.  
D)** If I be you, I would accept the offer.
12. **
A) She has been living here since five years.  
B)** She has been living here for five years.  
C) She has been living here from five years.  
D)** She is living here since five years.
13. **
A) The police has arrested the thief.  
    B)** The police have arrested the thief.  
    C)** The police is arrested the thief.  
    D)** The police was arrested the thief.
14. **
A) He is senior than me.  
    B)** He is senior to me.  
    C)** He is more senior than me.  
    D)** He is seniormost than me.
15. **
A) She asked me that where I was going.  
    B)** She asked me where I was going.  
    C)** She asked me where was I going.  
    D)** She asked me that where was I going.
16. **
A) This is the most unique opportunity.  
    B)** This is a unique opportunity.  
    C)** This is the unique opportunity.  
    D)** This is most unique opportunity.
17. **
A) Each of the students have submitted their project.  
    B)** Each of the students has submitted his project.  
    C)** Each of the students have submitted his project.  
    D)** Each of the students has submitted their project.
18. **
A) Hardly had I reached the station when the train left.  
    B)** Hardly I had reached the station when the train left.  
    C)** Hardly had I reached the station than the train left.  
    D)** Hardly I reached the station when the train left.
19. **
A) The committee have decided to postpone the meeting.  
    B)** The committee has decided to postpone the meeting.  
    C)** The committee are decided to postpone the meeting.  
    D)** The committee is decide to postpone the meeting.
20. **
A) She prefers tea than coffee.  
    B)** She prefers tea to coffee.  
    C)** She prefers tea over coffee.  
    D)** She prefers tea from coffee.
21. **
A) I have two brother-in-laws.  
    B)** I have two brothers-in-law.  
    C)** I have two brother-in-law.  
    D)** I have two brothers-in-laws.
22. **
A) The Principal along with the teachers are coming.  
    B)** The Principal along with the teachers is coming.  
    C)** The Principal along with the teachers were coming.  
    D)** The Principal along with the teachers have coming.
23. **
A) She is too weak to walk.  
    B)** She is to weak to walk.  
    C)** She is two weak to walk.  
    D)** She is too much weak to walk.
24. **
A) No sooner did he reach the station when the train arrived.  
    B)** No sooner had he reached the station than the train arrived.  
    C)** No sooner he reached the station than the train arrived.  
    D)** No sooner did he reach the station than the train arrived.
25. **
A) The price of these books are very high.  
    B)** The price of these books is very high.  
    C)** The prices of these books is very high.  
    D)** The price of these books were very high.
26. **
A) She told to me that she was busy.  
    B)** She told me that she was busy.  
    C)** She said to me that she was busy.  
    D)** She told me that she is busy. (in reported speech, past context)
27. **
A) He is one of the best player in the team.  
    B)** He is one of the best players in the team.  
    C)** He is one of the best player of the team.  
    D)** He is one of the best players of the team.
28. **
A) The furniture in the room are old.  
    B)** The furniture in the room is old.  
    C)** The furnitures in the room are old.  
    D)** The furniture in the room were old.
29. **
A) If it rains, we will cancel the picnic.  
    B)** If it will rain, we will cancel the picnic.  
    C)** If it rained, we will cancel the picnic.  
    D)** If it rains, we would cancel the picnic.
30. **
A) She has went to Delhi last week.  
    B)** She went to Delhi last week.  
    C)** She had went to Delhi last week.  
    D)** She has go to Delhi last week.

Answers with Detailed Explanations:नियम लिहून घेतल्यास उत्तम 🙏

1. C)** He doesn't like coffee.  
   Explanation: Subject "He" (3rd person singular) takes "doesn't" + base verb.

2. B)** She is taller than her sister.  
   Explanation: "Taller" is the correct comparative form. "More taller" is double comparative error.

3. B)** They have finished their homework.  
   Explanation: "They" (plural) takes "have".

4. B)** The news is very shocking.  
   Explanation: "News" is an uncountable noun and takes singular verb "is".

5. B)** I saw him yesterday.  
   Explanation: Specific past time "yesterday" requires Simple Past tense.

6. B)** Neither Ram nor Shyam is coming.  
   Explanation: In "neither...nor", the verb agrees with the nearer subject (Shyam – singular).

7. B)** She knows the answer.  
   Explanation: "Know" is a stative verb and does not take continuous form.

8. B)** He has gone to the market.  
   Explanation: Present Perfect uses "has/have + gone" (past participle).

9. B)** One of the boys is absent today.  
   Explanation: "One of" is followed by plural noun but singular verb.

10. B)** The teacher gave us a lot of homework.  
    Explanation: "Homework" is uncountable; "homeworks" is incorrect.

11. B)** If I were you, I would accept the offer.  
    Explanation: Type 2 conditional uses "were" for all subjects in subjunctive mood.

12. B)** She has been living here for five years.  
    Explanation: "For" is used with period of time; "since" is used with point of time.

13. B)** The police have arrested the thief.  
    Explanation: "Police" is a plural noun and takes plural verb.

14. B)** He is senior to me.  
    Explanation: "Senior" is followed by "to" (not "than").

15. B)** She asked me where I was going.  
    Explanation: In indirect speech, no "that" is used with wh-questions, and word order is statement form.

16. B)** This is a unique opportunity.  
    Explanation: "Unique" is a non-gradable adjective; "most unique" is incorrect.

17. B)** Each of the students has submitted his project.  
    Explanation: "Each" takes singular verb; "his" is traditionally used for neutral possessive.

18. A)** Hardly had I reached the station when the train left.  
    Explanation: Inversion with "hardly...when" requires "had + subject + past participle".

19. B)** The committee has decided to postpone the meeting.  
    Explanation: "Committee" is treated as singular collective noun here.

20. B)** She prefers tea to coffee.  
    Explanation: "Prefer" is followed by "to" when comparing two things.

21. B)** I have two brothers-in-law.  
    Explanation: Plural of compound noun "brother-in-law" is "brothers-in-law".

22. B)** The Principal along with the teachers is coming.  
    Explanation: The verb agrees with the main subject "The Principal" (singular).

23. A)** She is too weak to walk.  
    Explanation: "Too...to" structure is correct for excess leading to inability.

24. B)** No sooner had he reached the station than the train arrived.  
    Explanation: Correct inversion is "No sooner had + subject + past participle... than".

25. B)** The price of these books is very high.  
    Explanation: "Price" is singular; verb must be singular.

26. B)** She told me that she was busy.  
    Explanation: "Tell" does not take "to" before the object; tense backshift is correct.

27. B)** He is one of the best players in the team.  
    Explanation: "One of the best" is followed by plural noun "players".

28. B)** The furniture in the room is old.  
    Explanation: "Furniture" is uncountable and takes singular verb.

29. A)** If it rains, we will cancel the picnic.  
    Explanation: Type 1 conditional: If + Simple Present, will + base verb.

30. B)** She went to Delhi last week.  
    Explanation: Specific past time "last week" requires Simple Past tense.

These questions cover important areas frequently asked in TET exams: 

**Subject-Verb Agreement, Tenses, Prepositions, Comparatives, Conditionals, Reported Speech, Articles, Uncountable Nouns, and Inversion**.

Tip for TET:** Read each option carefully. Focus on subject-verb agreement, tense consistency, and preposition usage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मानसशास्त्रातील अध्यापन सूत्रे यावर विवेचन अतिशय महत्वाचं

PEDAGOGY AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

*पियाजे (Jean Piaget) च्या संज्ञानात्मक विकास सिद्धांतावर ३० MCQ**